Saturday, June 18, 2011

Degrassi

You may be asking yourself what ever happened to the kids of the cult classic Degrassi. In this show we learnt about the difficulties of being a teenager in the late 80s. The hair. The shoulder pads. The sex. The drugs. Thank you ABC after school programming for my education.

Coincidentally this post has nothing to do with the dead-end careers of the Degrassi cast. Instead, when I google image searched 'feminist' this came up. And I was feeling nostalgic....

I would also like to apologise for being a bad blogger recently. I was all up in your collective grill about your foreskins and then I left you high and dry. But the truth is that there is very little in my life that is bloggable at present. You see I'm in the middle of exams, dear friends. Last week it was Halachic Thought. This week, divorce agreements and Mishpat Ivri/Hebrew Law (not sure how to explain that one...) and next week I have Legal Systems of the Middle East. Amusingly, I got up super early to get to campus in time for my exam today only to discover that the exam is actually tomorrow. What an idiot.

As such I've been spending most of my days in front of my laptop trying to avoid the lure of Mormon blogs and attempting to study. I'm also still volunteering at CWJ and today I start teaching Jewish studies for a gap year program twice a week. But other than that my life is exceedingly dull.

Though I do have two things to share with you all. Last week I saw "Footnote" - the new Israeli film that won best script in Cannes this year. It's about the tensions in a father/son relationship where they are both professors in the Talmud department of Hebrew University. For those of you who enjoy quality cinema with a hint of ancient texts I strongly recommend it.

Furthermore I spent shabbat with a friend of mine from my beit midrash in Shoham. It's an incredible suburb/town. Giant huge houses with backyards and nice landscaping. Not to mention lovely people. Also strongly recommended.

And with that I will return to my dull life of studying. Ho Hum.

No comments: