Sunday, May 8, 2011

Things My Mother Taught Me

In honour of Mothers Day I will share with you some very important lessons that my mother taught me.

1) Pack Up As You Go. She told me this at least once a week growing up. This is because I am/was not the neatest of people and therefore every Friday I had to spend a lot of time tidying my room or the study. She would patiently explain every single week that if i would tidy up as I went through the week then I wouldn't have had to waste my time on Fridays cleaning. I'd say that I still haven't really absorbed this message.

2) Never Leave Things Out Of The Fridge For More Than 4 Hours Cumulatively. This means that if your chicken is out of the fridge for 2 hours one day and then another 2 hours the next day you should either eat it immediately or throw it out. This advice has saved me from many potential sources of food poisoning.

3) It's Not All About Me. If somebody isn't treating you nicely or is frustrating you its very rarely a reflection of you. Most of the time people have their own issues or hang ups that are causing their behavior. In most cases it's not personal.

4) You Did Nothing To Deserve What You Have But It Didn't Come Without Obligations Attached. If you've been given an education you have to help others access that as well. If you have opportunities then your should use them to give others opportunities as well.

5) Nobody Else Is Responsible For You. If you want to eat in life then you need to find a way to buy your own food and cook it too. If you make mistakes own them and learn from them.

There you have it. The top five lessons from Mother Bogan.

No comments: